Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Directions

It had been been a long day, a day of ups and downs...

In the midst of unexpected bills and disappointments one verse stoods out, an old familiar verse, but not one that had ever been personal, in the way that it was today.

He has told you Oh man what is good and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.' Micah 6:8.

Walk with me, trust me, do right and show mercy, soothing words to my soul today.

But there was more than that. As I sat in the consulting rooms of the Optometrist - a guy that seems to care more about doing a good job than the time it takes, that isn't expensive, that has time to make sure that you understand what it happening and the skills to get his diagnosis right. .

The verse took on a slightly different meaning.

What does God want for my kids at the end of this home school journey.

Am I to ensure that they have great jobs, that they fly through College/University, rule over the country.
Or
Am I to raise good honest people who will pass on the blessing of honest workers in a society that no longer fosters or values these traits, for a God who sees them as essential.

Its been a long day, but an encouraging one.

No comments:

 

free hit counters